Doug McAvoy, WNI Audience Development Manager
Doug McAvoy started in the newspaper business in 1977 as a Customer Service Rep with The Battle Creek Enquirer in Battle Creek, Michigan. With the exception of serving five years active duty as an Air traffic Controller in the U.S. Navy, he spent the past thirty six years of following his passion of leading change and growth at some of the mid-west’s leading publications.
Doug brings to WNI, print and digital expertise gained in the roles of Director of Audience and Digital Media for Truth Publishing, Publisher and General Manager for The Manistee News Advocate and Circulation & Marketing Director for Lee Enterprises, Small Newspaper Group, Gannett, and Thompson Newspapers.
As a result of his contributions to the industry, Doug was recognized as the 2010 CSCMA Circulation Executive of the Year Award.
Involvement in community/industry affairs and organizations:
- 360 Media Alliance – Board of Directors
- Central States Circulation Managers Association - 1st President
- Michigan League of Home Dailies - Vice President
- Community Newspapers of Michigan - Board of Directors
- Manistee Economic and Chamber Alliance - Board of Directors
- Manistee Foundation - Board of Directors
- Manistee Forrest Festival - Chairman
- Circulation Managers of Illinois - Board of Directors
- West Michigan Youth Football Association - President